Course Outline 1. Customizing Your Workspace
• Touring the Workspace
• Switching and Splitting Views
• Working with Panels
• Selecting a Workspace Layout
• Adjusting Toolbars
• Personalizing Preferences
• Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
• Using the Property Inspector
2. HTML Basics
• What Is HTML?
• Where Did HTML Begin?
• Writing Your Own HTML Code
• Understanding Semantic Web Design
• Preview of HTML5 features in Dreamweaver
3. CSS Basics
• What Is CSS?
• HTML vs. CSS Formatting
• CSS Box Model
• HTML Defaults
• Formatting Text
• Formatting Objects
• Multiples, Classes and IDs, oh my!
• CSS3 Overview and Support
4. Creating a Page Layout
• Web design basics
• Working with thumbnails and wireframes
• Modifying an existing CSS layout
• Adding a background image to the header
• Inserting new components
• Modifying the page width and background color
• Modifying existing content and formatting
• Inserting an image placeholder
• Inserting placeholder text
• Modifying the footer
• Checking browser compatibility
5. Working with Cascading Style Sheets
• Working with the CSS Styles panel
• Accessing and Implementing
• CSS3 Features
• Creating new CSS rules
• Creating an interactive menu
• Modifying hyperlink behavior
• Creating faux columns
• Moving rules to an external style sheet
• Using Media Queries for responsive web design
• Using Fluid Grid Layouts
6. Working with Templates
• Creating a template from an existing layout
• Inserting editable regions
• Producing child pages
• Updating a template
• Using Library items
• Using server-side includes
7. Working with Text, Lists, and Tables
• Importing text
• Creating headings
• Creating lists
• Creating text indents
• Creating and styling tables
• Spell checking web pages
• Finding and replacing text
8. Working with Images
• Web Image Basics
• Inserting an image
• Adjusting Image Positions with CSS Classes
• Working with the Insert Panel
• Using Adobe Bridge
• Inserting Incompatible File Types
• Working with Photoshop Smart Objects
• Copying and pasting images from Fireworks and Photoshop
• Inserting Images by Drag and Drop
• Optimizing images with the
• Properties inspector
9. Working with Navigation
• Hyperlink Basics
• Creating internal hyperlinks
• Creating an image-based link
• Setting up email links
• Targeting page elements
• Inserting Spry menu bars (May change)
• Inserting Spry menus as Library Items
• Checking your page
10. Adding Interactivity and Mobile applications
• Learning about Dreamweaver behaviors
• Working with Dreamweaver behaviors
• Working with Spry Accordion widgets
• Working with jQuery and jQuery Mobile
11. Working with Web Animation and Video
• Understanding Web compatible Animation and Video
• Adding web animation to a page
• Adding web video to a page
12. Working with Forms
• Learning about forms
• Adding a form to a page
• Inserting text form elements
• Inserting checkboxes
• Creating radio buttons
• Working with lists
• Adding a submit button
• Specifying a form action
• Emailing form data
• Styling forms
13. Working with online data
• Working with dynamic content
• Previewing the completed file
• Using HTML and XML data
• Choosing a server model
• Configuring a local web server
• Setting up a testing server
• Building database applications
14. Building dynamic pages with data
• Building pages with PHP
• Creating a Master/Detail page set
• Creating a Detail page
• Collecting data online
15.Working with Code
• Overview of code-writing, editing and validation tools
2KO offers computer training in many African countries; and is also a leading supplier of internationally-recognised online IT courses.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the course?
We train the course at our Bo-Kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
How much does the course cost?
The course fee is quoted in the currency of your country. Please contact us for the latest prices and special offers. The exam fees are not included in the course fee unless specifically stated.
If you are from out of town, we can arrange accommodation close to our centre. Accommodation rates vary depending on the time of year.
About the Exam
The exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorized test centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
Included in your course fees:
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast and lunch on course days
• Teas and coffees
• Attendance certificate
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for an course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on
www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
• Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.