In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams.
CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues. CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
2KO International (Coalition Trading) offers computer training throughout Africa, and is a leading supplier of IT certification and online IT courses.
Level: Beginners Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Course Contents Module 1 / Peripherals and Adapters Motherboard Components
• System Case Types
• Disassembling a PC
• Motherboard Layout and Sizes
• Bus Architecture
• Motherboard Components
• Expansion Slots
• Identifying PC Components
• I/O Ports and Cables
• USB Ports
• Other Port Types
• Expansion Cards
• Input Devices
• Installing and Configuring Peripherals
• Display Device Types
• Comparing Display Devices
• Display Connectors and Cable Types
• Video Cards
• Touch Screens and Digitizers
• Troubleshooting Display Problems
Audio and Multimedia Devices
• Audio Devices
• Imaging Devices
• Multimedia Devices
• Identifying PC Ports
• Connecting Peripheral Devices
• Upgrading the Graphics Adapter
Module 2 / System Components Mass Storage Devices
• Hard Drives
• Solid State Drives
• Troubleshooting Hard Drives
• Installing RAID Arrays
• Troubleshooting RAID
• Adding Storage Devices
• Random Access Memory (RAM) Types
• RAM Configurations
• Installing and Upgrading Memory
• Upgrading Memory
• Central Processing Unit (CPU)
• CPU Architectures
• Other CPU Features
• CPU Packaging
• Cooling Systems
• Installing and Upgrading CPUs
BIOS and UEFI
• BIOS and UEFI System Firmware
• Configuring Component Properties
• Configuring Devices and Boot Properties
• Configuring BIOS Security
• Upgrading Firmware
• Diagnostics and Monitoring
• System Setup
• Electrical Circuits
• Power Supply Unit (PSU)
• Connector Types and Voltages
• Installing a Power Supply Unit
Module 3 / Troubleshooting and Mobile Troubleshooting System Components
• Troubleshooting Basic Hardware Problems
• Troubleshooting Power Problems
• Troubleshooting POST
• Troubleshooting Motherboard Components
• Removing and Installing FRUs
• Testing Hardware Components
• Diagnosing System Errors
• Laptop Types
• Laptop Features
• Laptop Expansion Options
• Laptop Power Supplies
• Mobile Device Types
• Mobile Accessories and Ports
Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
• Laptop and Mobile Disassembly Processes
• Upgrading Laptop FRUs
• Upgrading Laptop System Components
• Troubleshooting Mobile Power Problems
• Troubleshooting Mobile Display Problems
• Troubleshooting Other Mobile Problems
• Removing and Installing Laptop FRUs
SOHO Internet Connections
• Internet Connection Types
• Legacy Internet Access Methods
• Broadband Internet Access Methods
• Wireless Internet Access Methods
• Configuring a SOHO Router Firewall
• Configuring an Access Point
• Network Architecture Devices
• Network Cards
• Switches and Routers
• Twisted Pair Cabling and Connectors
• Fiber Optic Cabling and Connectors
• Coaxial Cabling and Connectors
• Installing and Testing Network Cables
• Troubleshooting Wired and Wireless Links
• Troubleshooting IP
• Troubleshooting Routing and Name Resolution
• Troubleshooting Networks
• Configuring Computers for Business
• Configuring Computers for Home Use
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the A+ course you should have the following information ready:
o Date you wish to attend the course
o Payment method – how you will be paying
o An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.2ko.co.za) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
o Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train the A+ course?
We train the A+ course at our Bo-kaap training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
How long will it take me to get certified?
We recommend that students take at least one to two weeks for exam preparation for every module they do. It is unusual for students to be able to take the exam in the same week they do the course.
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre.
About the A+ Exam
The A+ exams are done at any authorised testing centre such as 2KO. You can find a list of exam centres close to you by going to www.vue.com.
The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
Students taking this course should have user-level skills and knowledge of personal computers.