International offers courses for New Managers in Cape Town
and elsewhere around the country, including Johannesburg
New Managers Programme is a entry level programme for
managers. It is oriented at new managers or managers
growing from a technical specialist to a general
management role. The NMP is first step for career
progression into a general and senior management
position, where ability to understand all the different
areas in a business and to adopt new and improved ways
of managing self and others is a key criterion of
New Managers Programme
• Introduces managers to business principles and skills
in management areas.
• Gives participants methods of coping with the
pressures that accompany advancement in the workplace.
• Improves participants’ skills in written
communication, thereby improving their ability to
generate action through the written word.
• Improves participants’ decision-making and
• Helps participants work more effectively in teams.
• Provides an understanding of how financial information
is collected and used within an organisation
• Gives participants an overview of the basic principles
of marketing, particularly within the South African
Confidence, personal growth and an expert command over
the core principles of management: The New Manager short
course at the GSB focuses on developing participants’
ability to manage and lead a team with confidence. One
of the fundamentals of the course is to enable managers
to “speak the language of leadership.” On the New
Manager programme, delegates gain practical skills on
how to improve their management ability and are able to
implement what they have learned in the workplace and
add value to their organisation.
• Core business skills in strategy, marketing, finance,
operations, and the management of complex projects.
• The basics of good business communication.
• The skills to develop, manage and motivate a team.
• A strong emphasis on self-knowledge.
• A richness of experience derived from networking with
fellow delegates from diverse industries and discipline.