International offers women in leadership courses in Cape Town
and elsewhere around the country, including Johannesburg
women succeed in business, they have one thing in
common: strong leadership. The Women in Leadership (WIL)
programme focuses on developing leadership practice and
gives women leaders the tools to increase their
leadership impact and visibility. This is a leadership
programme for women executives with a strong focus on
establishing influence and authority and translating
this into value for their organisation.
Is this course for me?
This leadership short course is suited to businesswomen
who have recently taken up senior leadership roles or
who are preparing for roles at this level as it
addresses some of the specific opportunities and
challenges that women leaders encounter in this
transition. It is also appropriate for women who are
making the shift from specialist roles to more general
Module 1 • Understand the
particular demands and challenges on executives in the
• Develop your signature presence as a woman leader.
• Recognise personal blind spots and patterns, which can
• Manage your energy and attention.
• Create congruence between personal and professional
• Hold bold conversations and develop clear boundaries.
• Lead authentically.
Module 2 • Understand how to
build game changing executive teams and how to
contribute beyond the areas of functional expertise.
• Create environments for excellence.
• Understand cross-functional collaboration.
• Engage effectively with stakeholder and build
• Establish a strong network.
• Navigate organisational politics.
• Be able to lead change and transition.
• Engage diversity for innovation and growth.
• Discover how to energise teams and people.