Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server
About this Course
This course teaches students how to implement self-service Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data analysis solutions using the Microsoft data platform. The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to create self-service data models and reports. The course then goes on to describe how to use Windows Azure HDInsight to perform Big Data analysis. 2KO Africa offers computer training in various African countries, and is also a leading international supplier of authorised online IT training, enabling 2KO students the opportunity to study courses online world-wide, to ensure
the best training possible.
At course completion After completing this course, students will be able to
• Describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
• Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
• Use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
• Use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
• Use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
• Use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
• Use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
• Provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
• Use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
• Design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
This module introduces self-service BI. Lessons
• Extending Enterprise BI
• Microsoft Self-Service BI and Big Data Technologies
Module 2: Self-Service Reporting
This module describes how to use Report Builder as a tool for self-service Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services report authoring. Lessons
• Introduction to Self-Service Reporting
• Shared Data Sources and Datasets
• Report Parts
Module 3: Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
This module describes how to use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create self-service data models for analysis. Lessons
• Creating Data Models in Excel with PowerPivot
• Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
Module 4: Importing Data with Power Query
This lesson describes how to use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to find and import data. Lessons
• Introduction to Power Query
• Using Power Query to Import Data
Module 5: Visualizing Data with Power View in Microsoft Excel
This module describes how to use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations. Lessons
• Introduction to Power View
• Creating Dynamic Data Visualizations
Module 6: Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
This module describes how to use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations. Lessons
• Introduction to Power Map
• Using Power Map
Module 7: Collaborative BI with Microsoft SharePoint Server
This module describes how to use Microsoft SharePoint Server in an enterprise environment to enable users to share PowerPivot workbooks and Power View reports. Lessons
• Sharing PowerPivot Workbooks
• Managing PowerPivot Services in SharePoint Server
• Using Power View in SharePoint Server
Module 8: Introduction to Big Data and Microsoft Azure HDInsight
This module introduces Big Data concepts and describes the key features of Windows Azure HDInsight. Lessons
• Introduction to Big Data
• Windows Azure HDInsight
Module 9: Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
This module introduces Pig and Hive, and describes how you can use them to process Big Data in Windows Azure HDInsight. Lessons
• Processing Big Data with Pig
• Processing Big Data with Hive
Module 10: Implementing Big Data Processing Solutions with Microsoft Azure HDInsight
This module introduces key Windows Azure HDInsight technologies that enable you to design and implement automated, repeatable Big Data processing solutions that support self-service BI. Lessons
• Automating Big Data Processing Tasks
• Integrating Windows Azure HDInsight with Enterprise Data