Increasing effectiveness in developing and manipulating databases.
2KO Africa presents various computer courses across Africa, as well as supplying internationally-certified online IT training in South Africa and also worldwide, enabling 2KO students the opportunity to
study courses online world-wide, to ensure the best training possible.
117927 - Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based database application to solve a given problem.
Prior knowledge and skills to:
• Read, write, communicate and comprehend at least at GET level.
• Competent in mathematical fundamentals at least at NQF level 2 .
• Operate a personal computer system.
• Use generic functions in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-environment.
• Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based database application to work with simple databases. The estimated course duration may not be met should the learner not have achieved these prerequisites
Creating relationships using the Lookup Wizard
Understanding the relationships window
Creating relationships in the relationship window
Editing a relationship
Print the database relationship
Changing data type
Using Data Type Gallery
Applying field properties
Setting the field size property
Setting the format property
Creating custom formats
Using input masks
Setting data validation
Setting the indexed property
Setting the primary key
Working with the lookup property window
Working with Queries
Creating select queries
Using the Expression builder
Summarising query values
Creating parameter queries
Creating append queries
Creating delete queries
Creating update queries
Working with Forms
Creating new forms
Working with control layouts
Understanding the property sheet
Sections in the Design view
Creating calculated controls
Creating summary calculations on a form
Creating a combo box on a form
Setting the tab order on a form
Applying conditional formatting on controls
Working with Reports Creating new reports
Working with Report views
Modifying a report design
Print preview reports
Send the report as an e-mail message
Managing the database
Compact and repair
Included in your course fees
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train?
At our Cape Town offices in Bo-Kaap
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course manual which you can take away with you to keep after the course.