Using Microsoft Outlook to create, receive and manage e-mail
2KO Africa delivers full-time computer classes in Africa, and is a leading provider of accredited online IT training.
• 116945 Use electronic mail to send and receive messages (2 credits) Level 2
• 116935 Enhance, edit and organise electronic messages using a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based messaging application (2 credits) Level 2
• Mathematical literacy and communication skills at least at NQF Level 1.
• Operate a personal computer system (ID 116932 - NQF Level 1).
• Use generic functions in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-environment (ID 117902 - NQF Level 1)
• Use electronic mail to send and receive messages (ID 116945 - NQF level 2).
Outcomes Concepts and terms of E-mail
Introduction to internet, www and e-mail
Connecting to the Internet
E-mail – Pros and Cons
Starting the Microsoft Outlook Programme
Changing the View
Changing the columns displayed
Create and Send an e-mail message
Creating an E-mail message
Addressing a message
Editing text in an E-mail message
Running a Spell Check
Attaching a file
Receive and respond to e-mails
Changing a message status
Receiving an Attachment
Working with several open messages
Precautions when receiving mail
Printing a message
The navigation pane
Changing the navigation pane view
The People Pane
Working with folders
Moving messages to folders
Emptying the Deleted Items folder
Working with Outlook Contacts
The Contacts screen
Creating and editing contacts
Using the Outlook Calendar
The calendar view
Working with appointments
Working with meetings
Working with meeting requests
Legal and Ethical issues
Included in your course fees:
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train?
At our Cape Town offices in Bo-Kaap
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course manual which you can take away with you to keep after the course.