Microsoft Word 2013 (Expert) Training in Cape Town
Becoming an Word expert user
2KO Africa presents various computer courses across Africa, as well as supplying internationally-certified online IT training in South Africa and also worldwide.
• 116942 Use a GUI-based word processor to create merged documents (3 Credits) Level 3
• 258898 Review and create documents using a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based word processor 7 Credits (Level 3)
Pre-requisites Prior knowledge and skills to:
• Computer Literacy at NQF Level 2.
• Mathematical literacy and communication skills at least at NQF level 2.
• ID 117902: Use generic functions in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-environment, NQF level 1.
• ID 117924: Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based word processor to format documents, NQF level 2.
Outcomes Customising Word
Customising the Quick Access toolbar
Setting Word Options
Working with Styles and Templates
Working with Templates
Working with styles
Modifying a style
Creating a style
Selecting a different Style Set
Creating a new Style set
Applying a Theme
Customising a Theme
Save a custom theme
Formatting with Multi level numbering
Defining a new multilevel list
The Navigation Pane
What is a Mail Merge?
Identify the data source
Link the data source to the document
Insert merge fields
Preview the results
Finish the merge
Managing large documents
Working with Page Breaks
Working with Section Breaks
Working with Headers and Footers
Modifying the Header or Footer
Adding a Header or Footer to the Gallery
Creating a different first page header or footer
Headers and Footers in sections
Footnotes and Endnotes
Setting a Watermark
Working with Building Blocks
Working with Fields
Viewing Field results and Field codes
Creating a Template using Fill-In fields
Updating Fill-in fields
Numbering in large documents
Heading numbering with Styles
Creating a Table of Contents
Updating a Table of Contents
Numbering Figures and Tables
Creating a Table of Figures
Using Cross Referencing
Markup and Tracking options
Display for review
Reviewing tracked changes and comments
Working with comments
Working with Macros
Macro Security levels
Recording a macro
Macros on the Quick Access Toolbar
Included in your course fees:
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily
• Attendance certificate
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train?
At our Cape Town offices in Bo-Kaap
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course manual which you can take away with you to keep after the course.