SharePoint 2016 Collaboration & Document Management in Cape Town
About the course
This one day class in Cape Town is designed for SharePoint team members and end users who need to know how to use the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2016. 2KO Africa offers IT consulting, technical IT services and top-of-the-range IT training on multiple platforms. Our best-of-breed computer courses are presented as instructor led classes or as online internet-based elearning., enabling 2KO students the opportunity to study courses online world-wide, to ensure students have access to the best training possible. Students who do this course may also like SharePoint 2016 End User Training.
Introduction to SharePoint 2016 for Collaboration and Document Management
this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate SharePoint sites.
- Manage content in lists and libraries.
- Create and edit Alerts.
- Collaborate using Tasks lists, Calendars and Document libraries.
- Work with libraries, including upload, download, editing, content approval, check out/in and versioning.
- Use the SharePoint social features.
- Use OneDrive for Business.
This module provides an overview of SharePoint and Office 365. It explores the use of SharePoint for team collaboration and document management.
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- SharePoint Web Sites
- SharePoint Security
This module explains how connect to SharePoint, find your way around sites and libraries, follow sites and use the App Launcher.
- Accessing SharePoint
- Following Sites
- SharePoint Navigation
- Quick Launch and Other Links
- List and Library Navigation
- The Ribbon
- Regional Settings
Lab : Accessing SharePoint
- Working with the App Launcher and Following Sites.
- Navigating Libraries.
- Changing your Time Zone settings.
This module explains how work with SharePoint libraries, from uploading files to working with versioning and check out/in. You will learn how to create and edit documents in SharePoint using Office Online and how to use the co-authoring features.
- Document Libraries
- Document Library Pages and Web Parts
- Document Library Ribbons and Menus
- Opening and Downloading Documents
- Following Documents
- Working with Office Online server and Co-authoring
Lab : SharePoint Libraries
- Exploring Libraries and Office Online.
- Working with the Co-authoring features of Excel.
- Working with Checked Out Files.
- Creating and Managing Alerts.
- Uploading Files.
- Creating a New Document with Office Online and Working with Content Approval.
- Working with Versioning.
This module explains how to work with both the out of the box sample lists and custom lists. Here we will add, edit and delete list items, work with list views and synchronize Task and Calendar lists to Outlook.
- SharePoint Lists
- Working with a Custom SharePoint List
- Working with SharePoint Task Lists
- Adding and Updating Tasks
- Using Task Views
- Synchronizing Task Lists with Outlook
- Working with SharePoint Calendars
- Calendar Navigation and Views
- Add Calendar Events
- Synchronizing SharePoint Calendars with Outlook
Lab : SharePoint Lists
- Adding items to a custom list.
- Working with the Quick Edit view.
- Creating and Updating Tasks.
- Working with List Views.
- Working with Calendar Events.
This module explains how to use SharePoint Search to find sites, documents and list items.
- SharePoint Search
- What is Searchable
- Search Tips and Tricks
Lab : SharePoint Search
- Searching by keywords
- Searching by property
- Searching for people
SharePoint Social Features
This module introduces the SharePoint 2016 social features.
- SharePoint Social Features
- Interacting with People
- About Me
Lab : None
This module explorers the SharePoint Newsfeed page, explorers the Follow features for sites, documents, users and tags, and introduces SharePoint Micro-blogging.
- Your Newsfeed
Lab : None
One Drive for Business
This module explains how to use OneDrive for Business to store and share files.
- OneDrive in SharePoint 2016 vs. OneDrive in Office 365
- Sharing Files
- Sync’ing Files to Your Device
Lab : None