National Certificate: Information Technology: System Support
Qualification ID: 48573
Includes: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCSE
Duration: 1 Year
SAQA ID: 147
To Be Completed: Online training, Online Exams, Work-based experience (to be arranged by client self) and Portfolio of evidence
Additional fee: Printing and positing of Portfolio of evidence document
- A learning assumption of this qualification is foundation skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4.
- Further learning assumes is the ability to use a personal computer competently
- The assumed learning can be acquired in the
traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace.
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification validates that you have the skills needed to run a highly efficient and modern data center, with expertise in identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
Earning an MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification will qualify you for such jobs as computer support specialist and information security analyst.
To develop learners with the
requisite competencies against the skills profile for the systems support
Exit Level outcomes:
· Use a logical methodology to troubleshoot the common types of hardware and software problems typically encountered in the day-to-day operations of a department in an organisation
· Understand the role of technology in the business context
· Demonstrate basic application support skills
· Demonstrate operating system support skills
· Demonstrate network support skills
· Relate business problems and information technology solutions
· Demonstrate appropriate technical reporting skills
· Demonstrate appropriate customer care in the context of IT Support
· Function appropriately in a change management process within a support team
· Demonstrate hardware support skills for server computers.
· Demonstrate an understanding of System Support contextualised within a selected work area
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
certification validates that you have the skills needed to run a highly
efficient and modern data center, with expertise in identity management,
systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.